Blog post #2

What Does Pedagogy Mean to Me?
To me, pedagogy is the method and practice of teaching. It involves strategies, and techniques that educators use to help students learn effectively. I’ve noticed that my learning improves when teachers blend interactive methods with clear explanations. I find I learn best when instructors combine visuals with hands-on activities, likelabs or group discussions. This made me realize that teaching isn’t just about delivering information but creating an environment where students are actively engaged.

Networked Pedagogy in Action
In my own education, connecting with classmates online has been helpful. I’ve been able to collaborate on projects, exchange notes, and even prepare for exams together, all through platforms like Slack, Discord, and social media group chats. Technology plays a huge role in making this possible, as it allows us to communicate even with our busy schedules. Being part of these online networks has allowed me to feel more supported, even in asynchronous classes.

Learning Theories in Practice
A learning theory that resonates with me is constructivism. This theory emphasizes that students build their understanding through experiences and reflection. In an online learning environment, constructivism can be applied through activities like discussion forums, where students share ideas. I see this theory shaping my approach to learning because I prefer engaging with material in a way that allows me to explore and make connections to real-world applications.

The Role of the Instructor
In an online course, the role of the instructor is even more crucial. They need to guide students, facilitate discussions, and make sure that everyone stays engaged despite the physical distance. A great online instructor needs to be clear, responsive, and approachable. I’ve had some instructors who regularly check in- provide timely feedback, and make the class feel more personal. On the other hand, when instructors don’t communicate well or fail to engage, it’s easy to feel lost. I think the key to success in online teaching is being present and making sure students know that help is available when needed.

Exploring Digital Spaces
Digital spaces, whether for learning or social interaction, offer a lot of benefits, but also come with challenges. The flexibility of online learning is a huge plus, especially for students like me who balance multiple commitments. However, staying motivated and organized can be difficult without the structure of a physical classroom. To contribute positively to digital communities, I try to engage respectfully, share useful resources, and offer feedback that can help others.

Comments