blog post responses 3

Dorsa Peikani

You made some great points about pedagogy and the importance of going above just delivering the content. The difference between teaching a subject and using effective learning strategies resonates, especially regarding active learning. I agree that methods emphasizing student engagement, such as collaborative learning, transform the educational experience. Students interacting with peers, sharing insights, and encountering diverse perspectives deepen their understanding in ways traditional lectures might not get. Networked pedagogy, as you mentioned, adds an important dimension to active learning by breaking down geographical barriers and enabling collaboration on a global scale. Platforms like Discord, Canvas, and Zoom foster real-time communication, making learning more dynamic. I agree that instructors who incorporate networked pedagogy are not just teaching content but also equipping students with skills to navigate and thrive in digital spaces. Your example of using cognitivist strategies to reinforce learning is also important. Techniques like summarizing, mind mapping, and engaging in debates strive for deeper cognitive processing, transforming passive consumption of information into active, meaningful learning experiences.

Luna

You highlighted some great points about pedagogy and networked learning that relate with my own experiences. I completely agree that teaching is more than just delivering information; it’s about fostering an environment that supports different ways of learning.
Your emphasis on active learning strategies, such as group discussions and hands-on projects, really shows how engagement can deepen understanding and collaboration between peers. I’ve also found that working with classmates not only enhances the learning experience but helps to better grasp the material through diverse perspectives.

Networked pedagogy, as you mentioned, really shines in today’s online spaces. Platforms like Google Docs, Zoom, and LinkedIn make learning collaborative and globally connected. The ability to instantly share and receive feedback is incredibly powerful for growth. I appreciate your mention of constructivism as well—building knowledge from personal experiences and collaborating in discussions helps strengthen understanding and is key in both in-person and digital classrooms.

Comments